- 2 beef Strip Steaks Boneless, cut 1 inch thick (about 10 ounces each)
- 16 Boston or butter lettuce leaves (about 4 to 5-inch diameter)
- 2 cups thin assorted vegetable strips, such as cucumber, red onion, carrots, bell pepper, sugar snap peas
- 1/4 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed or frozen peas or corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat or regular vinaigrette (any variety)
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat or blue cheese (optional)
- 1/3 cup toasted chopped almonds, walnuts, pecans or hazelnuts (optional)
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon coarse grind or cracked black pepper
- Combine Rub ingredients; press evenly onto beef steaks.
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill 11 to 15 minutes) for medium rare (145F) to medium (160F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Carve steaks into slices. Place lettuce leaves on serving platter. Evenly layer vegetables onto lettuce leaves. Top evenly with steak. Drizzle with vinaigrette; sprinkle with cheese and nuts, if desired.
To pan-broil steaks, preheat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook steaks 12 to 15 minutes for medium rare (145F) to medium (160F) doneness, turning occasionally.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 0.7 grams
Sodium: 117 miligrams
Cholesterol: 43 miligrams
Protein: 16 grams
Carbohydrates: 3 grams