- 1-1/2 cups lemon juice
- 1/4 cup lemon zest
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup SPLENDAÂ® Sugar Blend
- 9 egg yolks
- 5 egg whites, room temperature
- 1 cup Splenda Sugar Blend
- 6 ounces almond flour
- 1 tablespoon cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon powdered egg whites
- Before you start, make sure your egg whites are from the day before and are at room temperature (let them sit outside the refrigerator for a couple of hours).
- To make the Lemon Creme: Combine all the ingredients in a heavy sauce pan.
- Whisk well over heat and bring it slowly to a simmer. When the lemon creme is thick take it off the heat and cool.
- To make the macaroons: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grind the SPLENDAÂ® Sugar Blend in a blender until the mix is fine and almost powder like.
- Sift half of the SPLENDAÂ® Sugar Blend into the almond flour and combine it with the powdered egg whites. Beat the egg whites and slowly sift the rest of the sugar mix into it. Still beating egg whites, add creme de tarter. Make sure the egg whites are nice and stiff. Gently fold the almond flour into the egg whites.
- Layer a sheet pan with parchment paper and place quarter sized drops with a piping bag. Let them rest for 20 minutes.
- Bake the macaroons for 10 minutes. Allow to cool after baking. When cooled, sandwich two macaroons with lemon creme in the center and serve with fresh berries or ice cream.
Meringue-like cookies are sandwiched with a zesty lemon cream.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 48 cookies 1 cookie per serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2.5 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 10 milligrams
Cholesterol: 40 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 10 grams
Sugars: 8 grams
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.