- 1/4 cup lite soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound sirloin steak, trimmed of any fat and cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 large red pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch squares
- Combine the soy sauce, honey, sherry, zest, and oil in a zippered plastic bag. Add the beef and close the bag. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Drain marinade. Soak wooden skewers in a pan of warm water for 30 minutes. Thread the steak and peppers alternately onto skewers.
- Prepare an oven broiler or outdoor grill with the rack set 4 inches from the heat source. Grill on each side over medium heat for a total of about 10 minutes, or until desired degree of doneness.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 7 grams
Sodium: 354 miligrams
Cholesterol: 64 miligrams
Protein: 23 grams
Carbohydrates: 9 grams
Diabetic Exchanges3 Lean Meat, 2 Vegetable
Source: The Diabetes Food and Nutrition Bible