- 1-1/2 pound small turnips, peeled and quartered
- 1 ripe bartlett pear, about 6 ounces, peeled, cored and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, roasted and peeled
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Steam turnips over boiling water until fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain turnips and place in a food processor or blender along with pear, garlic, and margarine.
- Process until smooth, adding skim milk as needed.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
Diabetic Exchanges1 Vegetable
Source: The Diabetic Newsletter