- 4-5 pound boneless pork shoulder roast
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 8 ounces baby sweet peppers, OR coarsely chopped and seeded sweet bell peppers
- 1/2 cup dried fruit mix, with apricots, plums and raisins
- 1 (15-oz) can coconut milk, lite
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Trim visible fat from roast.
- Drizzle roast with soy sauce and rub all sides with curry.
- Brown roast in hot olive oil in a Dutch oven.
- Add remaining ingredients around the roast, cover with lid and place in a 350 degree F oven for 1 1/2-2 hours or until roast and potatoes are tender.
- Transfer roast and vegetables to a serving platter.
- Return pan with sauce to stove top and bring to a boil, cook for about 5 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- Coarsely shred meat and serve with sweet potatoes and peppers and sauce.
- Serve over cooked couscous, if desired.
Pork shoulder is cooked low and slow in this Moroccan-inspired dish. Serve over brown rice and with a large spinach salad, if desired.
Recipe Yield: Serves 8-10
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 20 grams
Saturated Fat: 8 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 309 milligrams
Cholesterol: 105 milligrams
Protein: 31 grams
Carbohydrates: 15 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.