- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup sliced or shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions or red onion
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 (14-1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 pound cooked, diced chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, hot
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add the zucchini, carrots, green or red onion, and celery and saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the canned diced tomatoes and lower the heat. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add the chicken and seasonings and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Serve the chicken and vegetables over cooked rice.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 13 grams
Sodium: 409 miligrams
Cholesterol: 96 miligrams
Protein: 38 grams
Carbohydrates: 32 grams
Diabetic Exchanges2 Starch, 1 Vegetable, 4 Lean Meat
Source: Express Lane Diabetic Cooking