- Butter-flavored vegetable cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Spray medium skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Saute onion and garlic 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes and juices to skillet; heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Cook, uncovered, until sauce is thickened, 8 to 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 6 (about 1/2 cup each)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 0.3 grams
Sodium: 9 milligrams
Protein: 1.7 grams
Carbohydrates: 22 grams
1/2 Fruit, 1 Bread/Starch
Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.