- 8 ounces dried Dreamfields Penne Rigate (2 cups)
- 4 medium skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound total)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large zucchini (10 to 12 ounces), halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 of an 8-ounce tub light cream cheese
- 1/4 cup dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese (optional)
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Grill chicken on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170F), turning once halfway through grilling.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Return to pan; cover and keep warm. In a large skillet cook zucchini, mushrooms and garlic in warm oil over medium heat for 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Add vegetables to pasta. In a small bowl whisk together broth and flour. Add to warm skillet with cream cheese. Whisk until smooth and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more. Stir in tomatoes. Add to pasta and vegetables in pan; toss to coat.
- To serve, divide pasta mixture among four plates. Cut chicken into thin slices. Arrange chicken over pasta and vegetables. Sprinkle with parsley and cheese, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
Broiling Directions: Preheat broiler. Place chicken on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 inches from the heat for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170°F), turning once halfway through broiling.
Chicken may be broiled instead of grilled. Preheat broiler. Place chicken on rack of broiler pan. Broil 4 inches from heat 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170F), turning once halfway through broiling.
Content Continues Below ⤵
Recipe Yield: Makes 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Calories from fat: 50
Fat: 14 grams
Saturated Fat: 5 grams
Fiber: 7 grams
Sodium: 566 milligrams
Cholesterol: 93 milligrams
Protein: 41 grams
Carbohydrates: 0 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.