- 3 pound boneless single loin pork roast
- 2 tablespoons black pepper, coarsely ground
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno chile, minced*
- 1/3 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/3 cup red cherry jam
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
* Always wear rubber gloves when handling hot chiles.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Rub pepper and garlic salt onto all surfaces of roast; place in a shallow pan and roast for 45-60 minutes (20 minutes per pound, until internal temperature reads 145 degrees F. Let roast rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile make the salsa, combine onion, green pepper, jalapeno, dried cherries, jam, vinegar and cilantro; mix well. (Can be made ahead up to one day; cover and refrigerate).
- Arrange sliced pork on a serving platter; dress with Cherry Salsa.
Recipe Yield: Serves 6.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 13 grams
Saturated Fat: 4 grams
Sodium: 430 milligrams
Cholesterol: 125 milligrams
Protein: 51 grams
Carbohydrates: 26 grams