- 3 whole wheat, or plain, pita breads
- Butter-flavored, or olive oil, cooking spray
- 3-4 teaspoons Italian seasoning or other dried herbs
- Open pita breads and spearate each into 2 halves. Stack pita halves and cut into 8 wedges. Arrange pita wedges, soft sides up, in single layer on jelly roll pan. Spray generously with cooking spray and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Bake at 425 degrees F. until pita wedges are browned and crisp, 5 to 10 minutes.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 0.9 grams
Sodium: 171 miligrams
Protein: 3.2 grams
Carbohydrates: 18 grams
Diabetic Exchanges1 Bread/Starch
Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes