- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Equal Spoonful or Granulated*
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons cold stick butter or margarine, cut into pieces
- 1 egg
- 2 tabespoons water
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 jar (10 ounces) seedless raspberry spreadable fruit
- 3 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds
* May substitute 12 packets Equal sweetener
- Combine flour, Equal and salt in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in egg, water and lemon peel. Mixture will be crumbly.
- Press mixture evenly onto bottom of well-sprayed 8 x 8-inch square baking pan. Bake in preheated 350Â°F oven 12 to 15 minutes or until edges of crust are lightly browned.
- Remove pan from oven and spread raspberry fruit over top. Sprinkle with almonds. Return to oven, and bake an additional 10 to 12 minutes or until raspberry fruit is bubbly. Cool completely on wire rack. Cut into bars.
- Store in airtight containers at room temperature.
A bar-style cookie that’s easy to make. Filled with rich, flavorful raspberry spreadable fruit, this is sure to become a favorite.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 24 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Sodium: 16 milligrams
Cholesterol: 19 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 12 grams
1 starch, 1/2 fat
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.