- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup light butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon vinegar (white or cider)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup low sugar or no sugar raspberry jam
- 3 ounces sugar free chocolate, melted
- Blend together butters, Splenda Granulated Sweetener and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl. Blend until butter is softened. Add egg substitute, water and vinegar. Mix briefly. Add flours, salt and baking powder. Mix with electric mixer on low speed (or by hand) until dough is formed. Do not overmix.
- Remove dough from bowl and place on a floured work surface. Divide dough in half. Pat each half into a circle. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking pan or cookie sheet. Set aside.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and roll out on a floured work surface to approximately 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with two-inch heart shaped cookie cutter. Cut small heart shapes out of the center of half of the cookies (these will be the tops of the finished cookies). Place cookies on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated 350 degrees F oven 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned on the bottom. Cool on a wire rack.
- Spread 1 tsp. raspberry jam in the center of the larger heart cookies. Then, flip over the smaller cutout hearts and drizzle melted chocolate on the underside. Carefully place the smaller cutout hearts, chocolate side down, on top of the larger heart cookies so the raspberry jam shows through. Push down lightly.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 8 grams
Saturated Fat: 4.5 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 65 miligrams
Cholesterol: 20 miligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 17 grams
Sugars: 2 grams