- 2 pound boneless pork loin roast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 apples, cored, peeled and sliced into wedges
- Rub pork loin with olive oil, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon each ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon. In a small bowl, stir together the other half of the spices with the wine, honey, lemon juice and apple wedges.
- Roast pork in shallow pan in a 350 degrees F. oven for 40 minutes (20 minutes per pound), until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F.
- Remove roast from oven; let rest about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, simmer apple mixture in a small saucepan until apples are tender; stir in any pork roast juices. Serve sliced roast with apples and sauce.
The trio of ginger-nutmeg-cinnamon will remind you of pumpkin pie. The spices and apples create a classic flavor that marries well with pork. Serve with baked sweet potatoes and roasted Brussel sprouts.
Recipe Yield: Serves 6
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 11 grams
Saturated Fat: 3 grams
Sodium: 190 milligrams
Cholesterol: 85 milligrams
Protein: 33 grams
Carbohydrates: 19 grams