- 4 ounces smoked ham, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups butter, divided
- 3 3-oz packages cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons Madeira, OR Port, divided
- white pepper, ground, to taste
- 2 cups parsley, firmly packed, stems removed
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup ham, cubed
- Place 1/2 cup butter, 3 ounces cream cheese, the 4 ounces chopped ham, 1 tablespoon wine and white pepper to taste; process until smooth. Remove to small bowl, cover and chill.
- In processor, process another 1/2 cup butter, 3 ounces cream cheese, the parsley, green onion, 1 tablespoon of wine and white pepper to taste. Remove to small bowl, cover and chill.
- Process remaining butter, cream cheese, the red peppers, remaining wine and pepper to taste until smooth; remove to small bowl, cover and chill.
- Line a glass 2-quart bowl or glass 9-inch pie plate with plastic wrap; sprinkle in cubed ham; spread the ham mixture, spread the red pepper mixture, and top with a layer of the parsley mixture.
- Cover and chill overnight. Unmold onto serving plate; let sit at room temperature for an hour before serving.
This colorful molded torte serves a crowd, looks quite elegant on the hors d’oeuvres table, and is easier to make than it looks. Make a day ahead to let set, unmold about an hour before serving with crackers.
Recipe Yield: Yield: Serves 32
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 9 grams
Saturated Fat: 6 grams
Sodium: 160 milligrams
Cholesterol: 25 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 1 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵