- 4 lean center-cut pork chops (1-1/4 to 1-1/2 lbs)
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper sauce (ie: Tabasco)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Trim and discard excess fat from chops.
- In a large frying pan, Sear the chops.
- When the chops are browned on the outside, add the juice, water, hot sauce, salt, and pepper. Cover tightly and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp of fresh basil, and continue to cook for 8 minutes. Add remaining basil and cook for 3 more minutes.
- To serve, arrange the pork on a plate, and spoon some of the tomatoes and basil over it.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 13 grams
Sodium: 187 miligrams
Cholesterol: 81 miligrams
Protein: 23 grams
Carbohydrates: 3 grams