- 16 ounces Dreamfields Spaghetti 
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon red onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 can (28-ounces) whole peeled tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic, onion and pepper flakes 5 minutes or until sizzling hot. Add wine or chicken broth and cook until liquid has evaporated, about 3 minutes.
- Drain tomatoes and break up. Add into skillet along with olives and cook 5 minutes. Add oregano and basil, cook on medium for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain well. Toss pasta with sauce and Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Using fresh ingredients, like herbs, increases the intensity of the flavor. This basic tomato sauce may be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours or freezer up to 2 months.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 9 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 10 grams
Sodium: 541 miligrams
Cholesterol: 6 miligrams
Protein: 17 grams