- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 bunch bok choy, rinsed well and chopped (4 cups)
- 1/3 cup chopped whole green onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- In large skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat.
- Add bok choy, green onions, garlic and ginger and cook 2-3 minutes or until bok choy is tender-crisp.
- Add soy sauce and pepper, stir to coat and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
- Arrange spinach leaves on serving platter. Spoon bok choy mixture over spinach and serve.
This Asian-inspired recipe is alive with shades of green from spinach and bok choy and distinct flavors of soy sauce, ginger and garlic. And when you arrange the bok choy over fresh spinach, the warmth gently and slightly wilts the spinach leaves. The result is a mouth-watering medley of tastes and textures. To turn this salad into a complete meal, top it with grilled or seared tofu, grilled or roasted chicken breast, or grilled or steamed shrimp.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings. Serving size: 2/3 cup bok choy mixture, 1 cup spinach.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3.5 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 140 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 5 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.