- 1 lb large firm mushrooms, cleaned
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tbsp dry minced onion
- 6 oz fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 3 tbsp fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Remove stems from mushrooms, set aside. Saute mushroom caps in 1 tsp oil for 3 minutes. Remove caps and set on a tray.
- Mushrooms have a lot of water, so you have to dry them slightly with paper towel. Chop mushroom stems and saute them in remaining oil and juice. Add minced onion and cook until mixture is soft and golden.
- Remove mixture from heat. Stir in cream cheese and Parmesan. Fill each mushroom with small baking sheet and broil until filling bubbles. Cool slightly before serving.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 servings Serving Size: 3 mushrooms
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 230 milligrams
Protein: 7 grams
Carbohydrates: 5 grams
1 Low-Fat Meat + 1 Free Food
Source: Gourmet Inspirations - The Art of Healthy Cooking
Book Title: Gourmet Inspirations - The Art of Healthy Cooking
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.