- 1 pound Ground Pork
- 1 (14-1/2 oz) can tomatoes, diced, fire-roasted
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 8 taco shells
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- In heavy skillet, brown ground pork; stir in undrained canned tomatoes, onion, chili powder and garlic powder.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until most liquid evaporates, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat taco shells and portion filling into shells; top with tomatoes and lettuce.
Set up the table for everyone to be able to assemble their own tacos. Remember to have salsa, sour cream, hot sauce, guacamole and other taco favorites for condiments.
Recipe Yield: Yield: Serves 4
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 11 grams
Saturated Fat: 3 grams
Fiber: 4 grams
Sodium: 238 milligrams
Cholesterol: 57 milligrams
Protein: 25 grams
Carbohydrates: 21 grams
Recipe and image appear courtesy of the National Pork Board.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.