- 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 package Tandoori Tikka or Tandoori Chicken marinade
- 1/2 cup low-fat, plain yogurt
- 2/3 cup fresh or frozen Wild Blueberries
- 1/2 cup Wild Blueberry jam
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh figs (or substitute pears)
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 2/3 cup cooked red lentils
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered coriander
- 1 tablespoon oil or cooking spray
- Chop chicken into bite-sized chunks.
- Stir together Tandoori Tikka and yogurt in medium bowl and add chicken. Cover and let marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Sauce: Stir together Wild Blueberries and jam in a small saucepan. Rinse and chop figs. Add figs and orange zest. Cook sauce stirring until it just comes to a simmer. Remove from heat, cool slightly. Add lentils and season with salt, pepper and coriander.
- Pre-heat oven to 425F. Remove chicken from marinade and drain in a colander. Place chicken pieces in an oiled 11 x 13-inch glass baking dish, without allowing them to touch.
- Roast 8 to 10 minutes until done. Place chicken on skewers. Serve with the Wild Blueberry dipping sauce. Traditionally accompanied by rice as an entrÃ©e.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 1 grams
Sodium: 130 miligrams
Cholesterol: 30 miligrams
Protein: 14 grams
Carbohydrates: 14 grams