- 12 Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (4 pounds total)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil (or olive oil)
- 2 tbsp butter (or margarine)
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 pound proscuitto, chopped
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary or 1 tsp dried, crumbled
- 12 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Season both sides of chicken breast halves with salt and pepper. Place flour on a sheet of waxed paper. Turn chicken in flour to coat both sides; shake off any excess and place chicken on another piece of waxed paper.
- Heat oven to 375F.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil and 1 tbsp butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 6 chicken breast halves and saute until lightly browned, about 3 minutes per side. Place chicken in a 15x10x1-ich jelly-roll pan in a single layer, filling half of pan. Repeat with remaining oil, butter, and chicken.
- Bake chicken in heated 375F oven for 20 minutes or until internal temperature registers 170F on an instant-read thermometer.
- Meanwhile, add garlic and proscuitto to skillet; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 3 minutes. Add wine and rosemary; cook 2 minutes, stirring up any browned bits from bottom of skillet.
- Add tomatoes and broth. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes.
- Place chicken on a serving platter; pour sauce over top. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 11 grams
Sodium: 377 miligrams
Cholesterol: 89 miligrams
Protein: 34 grams
Carbohydrates: 5 grams
Diabetic Exchanges4 Low-Fat Meat; 1 Vegetable
Source: Family Circle: All-time Favorite Recipes