- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 scallions, sliced thin
- 2 cans (14.5 oz.) reduced-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 12 oz. cooked chicken, cut in small pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup baked tortilla chips, crumbled, for garnish
- Low-fat sour cream, for garnish
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Saut? garlic and scallions until garlic begins to color.
- Add broth, tomatoes, corn and spices and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Add the chicken and heat until warmed through, about 5 minutes. Add cilantro and lime juice. Stir and warm through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into soup bowls, sprinkle with crumbled tortilla chips and add a dollop of sour cream in the center for garnish.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 636 miligrams
Protein: 31 grams
Carbohydrates: 15 grams