- 1 (16-ounce) package Jennie-O Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast
- 1 (16-ounce) package Jennie-O Lean Ground Turkey
- 15 slices of chopped, uncooked Jennie-O Turkey Bacon
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 10 lettuce leaves
- 10 tomato slices
- 20 sweet onion slices
- avocado slices, if desired
- pickled jalapeno slices, if desired
- mustard, if desired
- In large mixing bowl, combine ground turkey,onion, garlic and pepper*.
- Add 15 slices of chopped, uncooked Jennie-O Turkey Bacon to the meat mixture. For ease of chopping, place bacon slices in freezer for 15 minutes. Chop finely while still firm.
- Form into 10 patties. Ideally, make this mixture at least 8 hours before cooking so that the turkey can marinate with the other ingredients. Freeze any extra formed patties to thaw later.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Grill turkey burgers approximately 14 to 16 minutes. Always cook to well-done, 165F as measured by a meat thermometer.
- Layer lettuce, tomato, turkey burger and onion. Top with avocado, pickled jalapeno and mustard, if desired.
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165F. Learn how to safely handle turkey.
If you’re a fan of The Biggest Loser show, then you may have recently watched host Bob Harper teach contestants how to make Turkey Bacon Burgers. The contestants loved their Turkey Bacon Burgers and now we’re sharing the recipe for you to try
Recipe Yield: Makes 10 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Saturated Fat: 4 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 65 milligrams
Cholesterol: 55 milligrams
Protein: 20 grams
Carbohydrates: 6 grams
Sugars: 4 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.