- 2 cups diced cooked chicken (8 ounces)
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup (about 1 ounce) grated or shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cups (2-oz) fat-free or reduced-fat potato chips, coarsely crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 2-quart casserole with non-stick pan spray.
- Mix all the ingredients except the cheese and potato chips in a large bowl. Turn into the casserole. Top with the cheese and crushed potato chips.
- Bake about 25 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the salad is hot.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 11 grams
Sodium: 439 miligrams
Cholesterol: 43 miligrams
Protein: 15 grams
Carbohydrates: 13 grams
Diabetic Exchanges1/2 Starch, 1 Vegetable, 2 Medium-Fat Meat
Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes