- One 6-1/2 ounce can water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 medium potato (5 ounces), cooked, peeled, and cut into wedges
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- One 9-ounce package thawed frozen whole green beans, or 12 ounces fresh green beans, blanched
- 1/3 cup Basic Vinaigrette, or prepared light Italian dressing
- 6 leaves leaf lettuce
- 1 large hard-cooked egg, peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons drained capers
- Combine the tuna, potato, mushrooms, and green beans in a large bowl. Gently toss the dressing with the tuna mixture. Chill.
- Line a pretty glass bowl with lettuce leaves; add the tuna mixture and garnish the top with egg slices and capers.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 servings, 4-1/2 cups total
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 9 grams
Sodium: 195 milligrams
Cholesterol: 44 milligrams
Protein: 9 grams
Carbohydrates: 8 grams
1/2 Starch, 1 Lean Meat, 1 Fat
Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.