- Butter-flavored vegetable cooking spray
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
- 1-1/2 pounds beets, cooked, peeled, cubed or sliced, warm
- Minced parsley, as garnish
- Spray small saucepan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Saute onion and garlic until tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream, mustard, and lemon juice; heat over low heat until hot. Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
- Spoon sour cream mixture over beets; stir gently. Sprinkle with parsley.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 0.6 grams
Sodium: 185 milligrams
Protein: 3.5 grams
Carbohydrates: 14 grams
Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.