- Butter-flavored vegetable cooking spray
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
- 1-1/2 pounds beets, cooked, peeled, cubed or sliced, warm
- Minced parsley, as garnish
- Spray small saucepan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Saute onion and garlic until tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream, mustard, and lemon juice; heat over low heat until hot. Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
- Spoon sour cream mixture over beets; stir gently. Sprinkle with parsley.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 0.6 grams
Sodium: 185 milligrams
Protein: 3.5 grams
Carbohydrates: 14 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes