A classic recipe, and a favorite around the holidays, this thumbprint cookie is simple to make and sure to be one of the first cookies to disappear from the cookie tray. This is also a great cookie to give in tins and cookie trays.
Recipe Yield: Serves: 24 (makes 2 dozen)
- 6 tablespoons stick butter
- 1 cup Equal Spoonful or Granulated*
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 taspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup spreadable fruit of choice
* May substitute 24 packets Equal sweetener
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
- Beat butter and Equal until well combined.
- Mix in egg, milk and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in combined flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Shape dough by teaspoonfuls into balls. Place on sprayed baking sheets. Press thumb deeply into dough to form a “thumbprint” indentation.
- Bake in preheated 350F oven 11 to 13 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Remove from baking sheet and cool completely on wire rack.
- Store in airtight containers at room temperature.
- Fill each cookie with about 1/2 teaspoon spreadable fruit just before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Sodium: 46 milligrams
Cholesterol: 16 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 8 grams
1/2 starch, 1/2 fat
Recipe and image appear courtesy of Equal.