A classic recipe, and a favorite around the holidays, this thumbprint cookie is simple to make and sure to be one of the first cookies to disappear from the cookie tray. This is also a great cookie to give in tins and cookie trays.
Recipe Yield: Serves: 24 (makes 2 dozen)
- 6 tablespoons stick butter
- 1 cup Equal Spoonful or Granulated*
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 taspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup spreadable fruit of choice
* May substitute 24 packets Equal sweetener
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
- Beat butter and Equal until well combined.
- Mix in egg, milk and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in combined flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Shape dough by teaspoonfuls into balls. Place on sprayed baking sheets. Press thumb deeply into dough to form a “thumbprint” indentation.
- Bake in preheated 350F oven 11 to 13 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Remove from baking sheet and cool completely on wire rack.
- Store in airtight containers at room temperature.
- Fill each cookie with about 1/2 teaspoon spreadable fruit just before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Sodium: 46 milligrams
Cholesterol: 16 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 8 grams
1/2 starch, 1/2 fat
Recipe and image appear courtesy of Equal.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.