- 1/2 of a box uncooked Dreamfields Angel Hair
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can (28 ounces) Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Chopped basil (optional)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pan.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook 3 to 5 minutes, until cooked through. Add garlic and crushed red pepper flakes; cook until garlic is tender, about 1 minute, stirring constantly. (Do not let garlic burn.) Remove shrimp from skillet; set aside.
- Stir tomatoes, wine, parsley and basil into skillet. Continue cooking until liquid is reduced by half, about 5 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add shrimp and pasta to skillet. Continue cooking just to heat through, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and additional chopped basil, if desired. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
Recipe Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Calories from fat: 48
Fat: 13 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 6 grams
Sodium: 776 milligrams
Cholesterol: 225 milligrams
Protein: 33 grams
Carbohydrates: 0 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.