- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 ounces sliced fat-free Swiss cheese
- 3 ounces lean smoked ham
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1/3 cup unseasoned dry bread crumbs
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Pound chicken breasts with flat side of meat mallet until very thin and even in thickness. Layer cheese and ham on chicken breasts, cutting to fit. Roll up chicken and secure with toothpicks.
- Coat chicken rolls lightly with flour; dip in egg whites and coat in bread crumbs. Spray rolls generously with cooking spray and cook in skillet over medium heat until browned on all sides, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Place chicken in baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, until cooked through, about 30 minutes.
This recipe was once the ultimate in gourmet dining. The ham-and-cheese stuffed chicken breasts are still delicious in their low-fat form!
Recipe Yield: Serves: 6
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3.9 grams
Sodium: 540 milligrams
Cholesterol: 73.2 milligrams
Protein: 34.6 grams
Carbohydrates: 6 grams
Source: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.