- 2 lbs broccoli, tough ends trimmed, stems peeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Shaved Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Cut broccoli stems into coins; cut heads into flowerets.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook, stirring constantly, 45 seconds. Add broccoli; cook, stirring constantly, until broccoli is bright green, 2 to 3 minutes. Add broth; cover and cook until broccoli is crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and toss.
- If serving warm, add pine nuts; toss and serve. If serving cold, cool slightly, place in a tightly sealed container and refrigerate. Just before serving, add pine nuts and toss.
- Garnish with thin shavings of Parmesan cheese.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 6
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 11 grams
Sodium: 263 milligrams
Protein: 5 grams
Carbohydrates: 9 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1/2 Low-fat Milk; 1 Fat; 1 Vegetable
Source: Family Circle's All-Time Favorite Recipes
Book Title: Family Circle's All-Time Favorite Recipes