- 1-1/4 cups dried lima beans (1/4 pound)
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- Place the beans in a soup pot. Cover with water; boil 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, cover and let stand 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Prepare a 1-1/2 quart casserole with non-stick pan spray.
- Drain the beans, reserving 1 cup liquid. Combine the beans and the reserved liquid with the remaining ingredients and put in the casserole.
- Cover and bake 1-3/4 hours. Uncover and bake 30 minutes longer, adding liquid if the beans seem dry.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 3 cups (6 Servings)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Sodium: 304 milligrams
Protein: 8 grams
Carbohydrates: 31 grams
Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.