- 1-1/4 cups dried lima beans (1/4 pound)
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- Place the beans in a soup pot. Cover with water; boil 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, cover and let stand 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Prepare a 1-1/2 quart casserole with non-stick pan spray.
- Drain the beans, reserving 1 cup liquid. Combine the beans and the reserved liquid with the remaining ingredients and put in the casserole.
- Cover and bake 1-3/4 hours. Uncover and bake 30 minutes longer, adding liquid if the beans seem dry.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 3 cups (6 Servings)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Sodium: 304 milligrams
Protein: 8 grams
Carbohydrates: 31 grams
Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes