- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 4 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 3 tablespoons Italian seasoning, divided
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4 cans (15 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups green beans, diagonally cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti, uncooked, broken into 2-to 3-inch pieces
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix ground turkey, egg whites, bread crumbs, 2 cloves of garlic, and 2 tablespoons of Italian seasoning until well blended; shape mixture into 32 meatballs. Spray large saucepan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Cook meatballs until browned on all sides, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, water, green beans, carrots, onions, remaining 2 cloves garlic, and remaining 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning to saucepan; heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered until vegetables are almost tender, about 8 minutes.
- Heat soup to boiling; add pasta and tomatoes. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until pasta is al dente, about 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 8 servings (about 2 cups each)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 8.7 grams
Sodium: 174 milligrams
Cholesterol: 31.7 milligrams
Protein: 19 grams
Carbohydrates: 30 grams
1-1/2 Bread, 2 Meat, 1/2 Fat
Source: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.