- 2 large pink grapefruit, halved, seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Using a sharp kitchen knife, cut a small piece from the bottom of each grapefruit half, so that the flat base of the fruit will sit comfortably on the rack of your broiler pan.
- Preheat the broiler. Take a grapefruit or other serrated knife and carefully cut around each grapefruit half, gently loosening the flesh from the skin. Then cut between the segments, so that they will be easy to spoon out.
- Spoon the honey onto the top of each grapefruit half, pressing gently so that it oozes through the segments.
- Arrange the grapefruit halves on the grill rack, and broil under a medium heat for about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle over the sesame seeds and broil for a further 30 seconds (no longer, or the seeds will burn). Serve immediately.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 2 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 13 grams
1/2 Fruit, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1/2 Fat
Source: Great Healthy Food - Diabetes
Book Title: Great Healthy Food - Diabetes
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.