- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound large raw shrimp (such as tiger shrimp), peeled
- Freshly chopped parsley and 1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Put the olive oil and garlic in a large, shallow ovenproof dish and heat in the oven for 2-3 minutes. You need to watch carefully so that the garlic does not start to brown.
- Add the shrimp, and turn them in the hot oil until they are completely coated. Return them to the oven and bake for a further 3 minutes until they are pink and cooked through.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with freshly chopped parsley. Serve accompanied by lemon wedges for squeezing.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Sodium: 80 milligrams
Cholesterol: 86 milligrams
Protein: 12 grams
Carbohydrates: 1 grams
1-1/2 Very Lean Meat, 1/2 Fat
Source: Great Healthy Food - Diabetes
Book Title: Great Healthy Food - Diabetes
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.