- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound large raw shrimp (such as tiger shrimp), peeled
- Freshly chopped parsley and 1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Put the olive oil and garlic in a large, shallow ovenproof dish and heat in the oven for 2-3 minutes. You need to watch carefully so that the garlic does not start to brown.
- Add the shrimp, and turn them in the hot oil until they are completely coated. Return them to the oven and bake for a further 3 minutes until they are pink and cooked through.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with freshly chopped parsley. Serve accompanied by lemon wedges for squeezing.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Sodium: 80 milligrams
Cholesterol: 86 milligrams
Protein: 12 grams
Carbohydrates: 1 grams
1-1/2 Very Lean Meat, 1/2 Fat
Source: Great Healthy Food - Diabetes
Book Title: Great Healthy Food - Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.