- 3/4 cup canned (drained) hominy
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 2 cups fat-free egg substitute
- 1/2 cup shredded, reduced-fat Monterey Jack (plain or with hot peppers) or Mexican cheese blend
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and preheat over medium heat. Add the hominy to the skillet and cook for about 1 minute, until heated through.
- Stir the chilies into the egg substitute and pour over the hominy. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook without stirring for several minutes, until the eggs are set around the edges. Stirring gently to scramble, continue to cook for another minute, until the eggs are almost set.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the eggs and cook just until the eggs are set but not dry and the cheese is melted. Serve hot.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings`` Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2.3 grams
Sodium: 414 milligrams
Cholesterol: 1 milligrams
Protein: 17 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
2-1/2 Very Lean Meat, 1/2 Starch
Source: The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan
Book Title: The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.