- 1 Napa or green cabbage (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons crystalline fructose
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed hot pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- Core cabbage and slice thinly.
- In a small saucepan, mix vinegar, fructose, pepper flakes, caraway seeds, salt, a few dashes of pepper and water; bring to a boil. Cook about 4 minutes and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, fill a large kettle with about 1 inch of water and bring to a boil. Place cabbage slices and bell pepper in a steamer basket and place over water. Steam, covered, 3 minutes. Remove to a serving bowl.
- Pour sauce through a strainer over cabbage and toss well.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Sodium: 124 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷