- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 1/2 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup diced, lean, reduced-sodium ham
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 cups fat-free egg substitute
- 1 cup shredded, reduced-fat, white Cheddar or Swiss cheese
- Coat a large ovenproof skillet with the olive oil and preheat over medium-high heat. Add the peppers, ham, parsley, and black pepper and saute for several minutes, until the vegetables are crisp-tender and the ham is beginning to brown. Spread the mixture evenly over the bottom of the skillet.
- Pour the egg substitute over the skillet mixture and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and cook without stirring for about 6 minutes, until the eggs are almost set (the edges will be cooked but the top will still be runny).
- Remove the lid from the skillet and wrap the handle in aluminum foil (to prevent it from becoming damaged under the broiler). Place the skillet under a preheated broiler and broil for a couple of minutes, until the eggs are set but not dry. Sprinkle the cheese over the top and broil for another minute to melt the cheese. Cut the frittata into 4 wedges and serve hot.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings``Serving size: 1/4 of recipe
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 8.3 grams
Sodium: 690 milligrams
Cholesterol: 32 milligrams
Protein: 28 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
4 Lean Meat, 1 Vegetable, 1/2 Fat
Source: The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan
Book Title: The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.