- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion (12 ounces), cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 red or green chiles (serrano or jalapeno), seeded and cut into matchstick strips
- 2 teaspoons minced, peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed with garlic press
- 1-1/2 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- With knife held in slanting position, almost parallel to cutting surface, cut each chicken breast half crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. In medium bowl, combine fish sauce, soy sauce, and brown sugar; add chicken slices, tossing to coat. Let marinate 5 minutes.
- In nonstick 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until very hot. Add chicken with marinade and cook, stirring frequently (stir-frying), until chicken loses its pink color throughout, 3 to 4 minutes. With slotted spoon, transfer chicken to bowl.
- Add onion to marinade remaining in skillet and cook, stir-frying, until tender-crisp, about 4 minutes. Stir in chiles, ginger, and garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Return chicken to skillet; heat thorough. Stir in basil leaves just before serving.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Sodium: 784 milligrams
Cholesterol: 66 milligrams
Protein: 31 grams
Carbohydrates: 16 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
4 Lean Meat, 1 Bread/Starch
Source: The All New Good Housekeeping Cookbook
Book Title: The All New Good Housekeeping Cookbook
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.