- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup lower-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoon dark Asian sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons rice-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 lb center-cut pork roast, cut into 2 x 1/2 x 1/4-inch strips
- 1 bag (8 ounces) rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 3 cups thinly sliced cabbage (about 1/4 head cabbage)
- 1 sweet red pepper, cored, seeded and cut into matchstick strips
- Stir together soy sauce, broth, sesame oil, vinegar and sugar in a small bowl. Pour 1/4 cup of the marinade into a medium-size bowl; stir in cornstarch. Add pork; toss to coat. Set aside to marinate 20 minutes. Reserve remaining marinade in the small bowl.
- Bring 4 cups water to boiling in a saucepan. Place rice noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Pour boiling water over and let stand 5 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok or very large skillet over high heat. Add marinated pork; cook, stirring constantly, until pork is no longer pink, 2 to 3 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove pork to a bowl.
- Wipe any residue from wok. Heat remaining tablespoon oil in wok. Add green onion, garlic and ginger; cook, stirring, 1-2 minutes. Add cabbage and red pepper strips; cook 1 minute. Return pork to wok. Pour in reserved marinade. Add noodles; toss to combine and heat through.
Recipe Yield: Prep Time: 20 Minutes - Cost: $``Servings: 6 - Difficulty Level: 2
Content Continues Below ⤵
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 12 grams
Protein: 18 grams
Carbohydrates: 23 grams
1-1/2 Bread/Starch; 2 Medium-Fat Meat; 1 Vegetable
Source: Family Circle's "All-time Favorite Recipes"
Book Title: Family Circle's "All-time Favorite Recipes"
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.