- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2-3 dashes hot pepper sauce
- Salt, to taste
- Rinse beans, drain, and dry well on paper toweling.
- Arrange beans in large skillet; spray generously with cooking spray. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until beans begin to brown, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Combine Worcestershire sauce, spices, and hot pepper sauce; pour over beans and stir to coat evenly. Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Transfer beans to jelly roll pan; bake at 325 degrees F. until beans are very crisp on the outside, 20 to 25 minutes, stirring twice. Cool; store in airtight container.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 8 Servings (1/4 cup each)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 440 milligrams
Protein: 5 grams
Carbohydrates: 19 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.