- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2-3 dashes hot pepper sauce
- Salt, to taste
- Rinse beans, drain, and dry well on paper toweling.
- Arrange beans in large skillet; spray generously with cooking spray. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until beans begin to brown, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Combine Worcestershire sauce, spices, and hot pepper sauce; pour over beans and stir to coat evenly. Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Transfer beans to jelly roll pan; bake at 325 degrees F. until beans are very crisp on the outside, 20 to 25 minutes, stirring twice. Cool; store in airtight container.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 8 Servings (1/4 cup each)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 440 milligrams
Protein: 5 grams
Carbohydrates: 19 grams
Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes