- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh mushroom ravioli, cooked, warm
- Spray medium skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Cook chicken over medium heat until chicken is no longer pink in center, 15 to 20 minutes, turning to brown both sides. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Heat broth, white wine, orange juice, and crushed red pepper to boiling in large skillet; boil, uncovered, 10 minutes, or until liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup.
- Add asparagus to skillet; cook, covered, over medium heat until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Add chicken, margarine, and ravioli; cook 1-2 minutes longer. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe Yield: Serves: 4Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 12.5 grams
Sodium: 454 milligrams
Cholesterol: 76.9 milligrams
Protein: 33 grams
Carbohydrates: 12 grams
1 Vegetable, 2 Bread, 3 Meat, 1/2 Fat
Source: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes