- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, finely diced
- 1/4 medium carrot, finely diced
- 1/4 stalk celery, finely diced
- 2/3 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons leeks, finely diced
- 3 ounces (about 1/3 cup) canned tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 medium zucchini, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3 ounces (about 1/2 cup) frozen spinach, chopped
- 3/4 cup white beans, cooked
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat the olive oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot, and celery. Cook until the vegetables are slightly tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and leek and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomato, zucchini, thyme, oregano, and chicken stock. Bring the liquid to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the spinach and white beans. Return the liquid to a simmer for 20 minutes. Season with the salt and white pepper. Serve immediately and garnish with the Parmesan cheese.
Additional info: Dietary Fiber: 5 g, Sugars: 3 g
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings (about 1 cup each)
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Sodium: 283 milligrams
Cholesterol: 3 milligrams
Protein: 7 grams
Carbohydrates: 15 grams
1 Starch, 1/2 Lean Meat, 1 Vegetable, 1/2 Fat
Source: Cooking with The Diabetic Chef
Book Title: Cooking with The Diabetic Chef
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.