- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 boneless, skinless turkey breast (2 pounds)
- Combine garlic, oil, lemon rind and juice, oregano, parsley, salt, pepper and wine in a 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Place turkey breast, smooth side down, on a cutting board. Starting in center of thickest part on one half of the breast, cut meat horizontally in half but not all the way through. Spread meat out like an open book. Press lightly on thickest parts to make a rectangle of even thickness.
- Place turkey in marinade in dish; turn several times to coat thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour to marinate.
- Heat broiler, or prepare a charcoal grill with hot coals, or heat a gas grill to medium-high. Place broiler pan or grill rack 4 inches from source of heat.
- Remove turkey from marinade. Bring marinade to boiling in a small saucepan; boil 5 minutes. Broil or grill turkey 8 to 10 minutes per side or until internal temperature registers 170 degrees on an instant-read thermometer; baste with marinade every minute until last 3 or 4 minutes. Let turkey rest about 5 minutes. Cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
Recipe Yield: Serves: 6
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 14 grams
Sodium: 158 milligrams
Cholesterol: 102 milligrams
Protein: 37 grams
Carbohydrates: 2 grams
4-1/2 Low-Fat Meat