- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup minced red peppers
- 10 to 24 Manila or littleneck clams
- 1-1/2 cups white wine
- 2 lemons (juice and zest)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 large seedless cucumber, cut into long, julienne strips to resemble noodles (use a mandoline or a sharp knife)
- 1 large zucchini, julienned
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a saute pan. Add the garlic, shallots, and red peppers and saute until golden, approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the clams, white wine, and lemon juice. Cover and bring to a boil. Continue to cook until the clams open, approximately 5 minutes.
- When the clams open, add the butter, salt and pepper to taste, and the red pepper flakes. Remove the clams. Toss in the cucumber and zucchini noodles and heat until they are warm and wilted, approximately 7 minutes.
- Divide among 4 bowls and top each with the clams and the remaining juice. Garnish with the chopped parsley and lemon zest.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servingsServing Size: 1/4 of recipe
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 11 grams
Sodium: 188 milligrams
Cholesterol: 28 milligrams
Protein: 11 grams
Carbohydrates: 10 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
2 Vegetable, 1 Very Lean Meat, 2 Fat
Source: Diabetes Cookbook for Dummies
Book Title: Diabetes Cookbook for Dummies
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.