- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. On a baking sheet with sides, toss beans with oil, then spread the beans out in a single layer. Roast the beans until wrinkled, brown and tender, about 12 minutes, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, toast sesame seeds in a small dry skillet, stirring constantly over medium-low heat, until lightly browned and fragrant, about 2 to 3 minutes. Crush the seeds lightly and toss with the beans. Season with salt and pepper.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings``Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 146 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Source: The Eating Well Diabetes Cookbook
Book Title: The Eating Well Diabetes Cookbook