- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. On a baking sheet with sides, toss beans with oil, then spread the beans out in a single layer. Roast the beans until wrinkled, brown and tender, about 12 minutes, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, toast sesame seeds in a small dry skillet, stirring constantly over medium-low heat, until lightly browned and fragrant, about 2 to 3 minutes. Crush the seeds lightly and toss with the beans. Season with salt and pepper.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings``Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 146 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Source: The Eating Well Diabetes Cookbook
Book Title: The Eating Well Diabetes Cookbook
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.