- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions and tops
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh low-fat tomato and cheese torellini
- 3 cups torn spinach leaves
- 2-3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Spray bottom of large saucepan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Saute carrots, green onions, garlic, and basil until onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and water to saucepan; heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
- Heat broth mixture to boiling; stir in torellini and spinach. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until tortellini are al dente, about 5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice, nutmeg and pepper.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 servings``Serving Size: About 1 cup each
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3.5 grams
Sodium: 177 milligrams
Cholesterol: 17.7 milligrams
Protein: 8.6 grams
Carbohydrates: 27 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Vegetable, 1-1/2 Bread, 1/2 Fat
Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.