- 6 flounder, sole, or other lean white fish fillets (1-1/2 lbs)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup julienne, or shredded, carrots
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots or onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or water
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley leaves
- 6 lemon wedges
- Cut six 12-inch squares of parchment paper. Fold in half, and cut each into a large heart shape. Open hearts and place 1 fish fillet on each; sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Saute carrots, mushrooms, shallots, garlic, and tarragon in margarine in large skillet until carrots are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in wine and parsley; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon vegetable mixture over fish. Fold heart packets in half, bringing edges together. Crimp edges tightly to seal. Place packets on jelly roll pan, and bake at 425 degrees F. until packets puff, 10 - 12 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
Aluminum foil can be used in place of parchment paper; bake fish 15 minutes.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 Servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2.8 grams
Sodium: 115 milligrams
Cholesterol: 59.8 milligrams
Protein: 22.3 grams
Carbohydrates: 6 grams
1 Vegetable, 2-1/2 Meat
Source: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.