Try this easy recipe for a creative, flavorful way to serve fish. Yogurt, Dijon mustard, lemon juice and chives combine to make a wonderful, fresh-tasting sauce for your fish and other seafood.
Your delicious fish dish starts with a smart purchase. U.S. farmed tilapia, with its mild flavor, can be a great choice from the fresh fish counter, if it is actually fresh.
How can you tell the difference between fresh from the water and several days out? First, notice the aroma, it should remind you of the sea. If it smells fishy or musky, it's likely an older catch, so you'll want to avoid those fillets.
Also, tilapia tends to absorb the taste of the water it sits in; so if you are buying fillets, make sure they are not sitting in excess liquid or it could mean off-flavors.
Finally, even though fish can be refrigerated for up to two days, try to buy it as close to the time you wish to cook it as possible.
Enhance tilapia's flavor with a light, fresh sauce. Lighter than traditional mayonnaise-based tartar sauces, this sauce uses thick Greek yogurt to give a creamy quality with only a fraction of the calories or fat. A little tartness from the lemon juice and zip from the mustard enhance the mild yogurt taste.
For an attractive, nutritious side dish, steam any combination of colorful vegetables, such as carrots, broccoli and cauliflower. Add lightly seasoned brown rice for a complete, delicious and healthful meal.
Content Continues Below ⤵
Broiled Tilapia with Mustard-Yogurt Sauce
Makes 4 servings.
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 (6-oz.) tilapia fillets
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup 2% Greek-style yogurt
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chives, chopped (green onions can be substituted)
- Turn on broiler. Spray baking dish.
- Drizzle olive oil on both sides of fillets. Gently brush to coat well. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange fillets in baking dish. Do not overlap. Broil until fish flakes easily, about 8 minutes. Set aside.
- In small bowl combine yogurt, mustard, lemon juice and chives. Whisk to combine well.
- Transfer fillets to serving dish. Drizzle with sauce and serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
6 g total fat
2 g saturated fat
2 g carbohydrate
34 g protein
0 g dietary fiber
169 mg sodium