- 12 packets Equal sweetener*
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Lite whipped topping, optional
* You can substitute 1/2-cup Equal Spoonful for the packets
- Combine Equal sweetener, water, cocoa, and salt in a saucepan.
- Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in the milk. Heat but do not boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Serve immediately in mugs.
- Garnish each with whipped topping or whipped cream, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Sodium: 189 milligrams
Cholesterol: 20 milligrams
Protein: 9 grams
Carbohydrates: 18 grams
1 Reduced Fat Milk