- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups Kellogg’s Special K cereal
- 6 tablespoons stick butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup Equal Spoonful*
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup golden raisins (or whatever you prefer)
* May substitute 24 packets Equal sweetener
- Combine banana and milk in medium bowl. Stir in cereal. Let stand 5 minutes or until cereal is softened.
- Beat butter and Equal on medium speed of electric mixer until fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until well blended. Stir in cereal mixture.
- Gradually add combined flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt mixing until combined. Stir in raisins.
- Spread batter evenly in sprayed 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated 350F oven 45 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool 10 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Store tightly wrapped in plastic wrap.
A full flavored quick bread made with ripe bananas and raisins. Cereal adds extra crunch and beneficial nutrients.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 14 servings
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 12 grams
Sodium: 116 milligrams
Cholesterol: 36 milligrams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 9 grams
1/2 starch, 2 fat
Recipe and image appear courtesy of Equal.